We’re looking for a fun and skilled graphic and web designer. The position is full-time or part-time, with the opportunity to become full-time. The emphasis is on SEO, Facebook, Twitter, Content Development, Reporting and PPC (landing pages). We’re looking for someone who loves design, with an experienced understanding of the web. You’ll be working mostly on infographics, reports that include graphics, banners, Facebook landing pages, interactive content with graphics, custom Facebooks apps, website landing page optimization, and more.
Graphic Designer Skills Required
- Requires at least 1-2 years of work experience in web design specifically in support of SEO, online marketing, online advertising, social media, content development and similar
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Knowledge of Indesign and Photoshop required. Dreamweaver, html and Facebook knowledge a plus
- Ability to determine the best design process and tools required given campaign goals and budgets
- Strong relationship building and communication skills
- Curiosity and passion for design and the search marketing industry
- Socially savvy person that has interacted on Twitter, Facebook and other online communities
- Ability to multitask and handle lots of different projects at once
- Team player who can contribute to our client’s SEO strategies and online marketing campaigns in a group environment
- Requires little direction and can hit the ground running with any task presented
- Strong attention to detail and excellent follow-through skills
- Confidence and willingness to take risks and bring new ideas to the table
Come work with us: Founded in 2007, Thunder SEO is a search and social agency based in sunny San Diego, California. We’re passionate about making the web a better place, learning something new every day, and exceeding client expectations. We host monthly workshops in the office to educate our team, and we’ve also founded a local marketing meetup in San Diego to inspire collaboration within our community. Several members of the Thunder team have been asked to speak at well-respected industry conferences, like Search Marketing Expo (SMX East, West and Advanced) and WordCamp San Diego. We live, breathe and dream about search!
We have a multi-step interview process. It starts with submitting your resume and credentials, as well as answering the following questions (please don’t skip these questions – we won’t consider your application without them). If we see a fit, you’ll then move on to a short phone interview. If we hear a fit, then you’ll move on to a work-skills interview at the office. Final candidates will be asked back to spend some “quality” time with us. We know you’re amazing. Our goal is to find the next Thunder Cat who loves what they do, enjoys working with the folks at Thunder and really cares about this industry.
If you’d like to move forward with the process, please email your resume (resume at thunderinternetmarketing dot com) and provide some short answers to the questions below. We look forward to hearing from you!
- What are your top 3 favorite blogs and why? Please provide supporting URLs.
- Do you have a favorite Twitter profile you follow? If so, who are they are and why?
- Describe briefly the inspiration for any blogs you curate or contribute to.
- Provide a short example of getting something done with policies in place, preferably in a work, organization or structured environment.
- Share a problem or issue you encountered in a previous/current work environment, how you dealt with it, and what lessons you learned that you utilize now.
- Explain some short examples of campaigns you’ve worked on in terms of the campaign goals and how the design met them.
- List some specific examples of your work.
- What’s the latest thing you have learned?
Thunder SEO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.